Sunday 11 March 2012

Cheltenham preview event Day 3


DAY 3
Again this is written as if nothing has been confirmed i will be going through my notes as if i’ve not read up who’s running when.  Some interesting debates came up and I hope the comments made help.

JEWSON CHASE

The start of this one began with the obvious favourite PEDDLERS CROSS [SC] could not understand why McCain would run him if he was not 100% [PB] stated there were questions looming of PC after his poor jumping at Kempton last December, [MW] made the boldest comment of all by stating that “peddlers was the lay of the festival” all the form would agree with PC being up at the front but there is a ?? so I would personally leave PC alone in this race. The panel do seem to like Nichols runners as again one of his runners got a mention in CRISTAL BONUS who will be sure to be primed for the festival this is one of [NL] likes for the race, the whole panel also agreed CALL THE POLICE stands a decent chance if the rain hits  The nod however went to CHAMPION COURT who would be the panels value call of the race, BLACKSTAIR MOUNTAIN was also fancied for a nice value E/W especially by [MW] a choice in which I would agree.

PERTEMPS HURDLE

SILVOLA DE SIVOLA is the choice for the panel his name kept cropping up all through the discussion however with previous years records the race being won by the Pipe yard or JonJo ‘o’ Neil yard should not be discounted, as with other trainers they thrive on the festival and prime their entries to the hilt.  Interesting stats around this race 8 out of 10 horses that win have won over 3m or further before, 9 of those winners have also not been heavier then 11st 2lb, thus [PB] confirmed that SIVOLA does indeed fit into the category of a winner from the stats he is my choice for the race and should certainly run a good race.  [MW] cast a vote for OUR FATHER after having an impressive win from a long lay off he’s edging closer to fav in the shortening of odds & fav’s rarely win this race.

RYANAIR CHASE

Ok I said I was going on what was known by Tuesday and not after but i’ve got to give him a mention GREAT ENDEAVOUR he is a machine he won for me today and i expect him to do well at Cheltenham he is definately worth an E/W in my opinion & the panel like him.  NOBLE PRINCE is quite fancied by [PB] who has proven himself at Cheltenham before, [SC] took  liking to RIVERSIDE THEATRE with MEDERMIT likely to run elsewhere, [MW] was’nt keen to keen on debating much about this one he did agree however with [PB] on NOBLE PRINCE.

WORLD HURDLE

BIG BUCKS or not BIG BUCKS well the panel are in agreement BB is getting older and why there is no reason to suggest he wont be in great form & possibly win his price is ridiculous, they feel OSCAR WHISKEY will give him the run of his life and possibly be the one to beat him. [PB] agreed he felt O W will stay the trip but felt he would not trouble BB at the end, [SC] felt his price should be ¼ if BIG BUCKS does take the world hurdle he will make history by having won the hurdle four times & having a 16 race win streak
Interestingly enough [MW] blurted out he was keen to get a long shot E/W on DYNASTE which is my E/W selection of the race 

BYRNE GROUP PLATE

This has got to be one of my favourite races of the festival for value I wont be backing anything 11/1 or less although [PB] did give out some interesting information from a “un-named friend” that SLAUT FLO has been working very very well at home and all the panel agreed he was worth taking on this could be another history race in the making as no Fav has won since 1999, [MW] opted for HUNT BALL with [SC] opting for a bit of value in DIVERS who i personally would’nt put anyone off backing, myself there are three I like in this one for value with those being GREAT ENDEAVOUR / CALGARY BAY & TULLAMORE DEW

KIM MUIR 

Another value race [PB] immediately picked up on this being a weak race and pointed out Pam Sly’s runner HELPSTON as being over priced “if he was in the pipe yard he’d be much shorter” was quoted, he also liked FAASEL as he’s a reliable sort and [SC] was quick to side with him, as [MW] agreed he gave his liking as UP THE BEAT, [NL] liked MIDNIGHT APPEAL saying he may have sliiped under the radar, myself and Nick seem to have a lot of the same likes so far for this festival which I see as a good thing, he is the expert after all.  So with the panel also liking FAASEL for a nice bet again i have 3 fancies of my own all at a nice E/W price who are BLENHEIM BROOK / MIDNIGHT APPEAL & SADDLERS STORM.  
So that concluded the end of day 3 as the panel started to discuss day 4 it was that point I had to make apologies and leave L I had a train due and could not afford to miss it but I will post my thoughts on Day 4 before the day itself arrives, I hope you’ve enjoyed my Cheltenham views.

 I would like to thank Brit Bloggers@BritBloggers & http://www.coral.co.uk/ for giving me the opportunity to go to the preview event and I will make sure the tickets & free bet don’t go to waste ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment